We’ve put together our favorite 3-day itinerary that celebrates the beauty and endless views of crashing surf and turquoise sea at Asilomar
Browse through the Park Store - Open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm daily, the Park Store features a wide selection of gift items and personal care products, as well as refreshments.
Meal with a View - Eating at Crocker Dining Hall is an essential part of the Asilomar experience. With high-beamed ceilings, stone pillars, hard wood floors and incomparable views of the forest and the dunes of Asilomar State Beach, it is also known for its savory mouth watering meals.
Shoot some Pool: We have two antique pool tables located in the Phoebe A. Hearst Social Hall. Use of these pool tables is complimentary and all equipment is located right by the pool tables.
Breakfast at Crocker Dining Hall - Served Daily: 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM
The Ultimate Joyride - Take hold of the wheel and cruise along the famed 17-mile Drive that wanders beside the shoreline and through the 5,000-acre Del Monte Forest. Stop for a photo at the Lone Cypress or visit Pebble Beach Golf Links, site of five U.S. Open Golf Championships.
Explore Beyond the Shore - Take our complimentary ranger-guided tour and discover the natural and cultural history of Asilomar. We welcome both groups and individuals on these one-hour tours. Call the local California State Park office at 831.646.6443 to schedule one of the following tours:
- Beach walk
- Dune Experience
- Asilomar Ramble
Fun in the sun - Bike, bird watch, and stroll along the boardwalk. It will encourage you to relax and enjoy the day. We also have a vast array of outdoor activities. Some of them are as follows:
- Beach Volleyball -Asilomar has a volleyball court just waiting for you on the beach.
- Biking -Trail riding or beach riding - why not do both? If you don't have your own bike, we have bikes available for rent at the Park Store.
- Hiking & Walking Trails - We have park trails to offer hiking and walking enthusiasts.
- Surfing - Grab your board and hit the beach. Asilomar is one of Monterey Peninsula's best places for catching some waves.
Dinner at Crocker Dining Hall - You have the option to either…
- Order from our custom menu that includes our Signature Boardwalk Barbecue, which features St. Louis Style Pork Ribs, Roasted Chicken Quarters or Grilled Salmon Fillet
- Order from our fixed Menu that includes a salad, entrée (available in a vegetarian version upon request), and dessert.
Breakfast at Crocker Dining Hall - Served Daily: 7:30 am - 9:00 am
A Day in Monterey Peninsula - Surrounded by the neighboring communities of Carmel-by-the-Sea, Monterey and Pebble Beach, Asilomar puts you at the heart of one of the country's premiere vacation destinations. Some of the Must see destinations are listed below.
- Visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium - Located on the site of a former sardine cannery on Cannery Row in Monterey, Monterey Bay Aquarium boasts an annual attendance of nearly two million visitors. The aquarium is a must-see when visiting the area. Tickets can be purchased at our Park Store. You can have lunch at the Aquarium before moving on with the rest of the day.
- Visit Carmel-by-the-Sea, a quaint, picturesque town over the hill from Asilomar. It is home to approximately 100 art galleries, the Carmel Mission, a vast array of quaint boutiques and numerous award-winning restaurants. You could also visit the "Old Fisherman’s Wharf", a visit to Monterey Peninsula isn't complete without including Old Fisherman's Wharf on your agenda. The wharf offers a variety of restaurants, shops, whale-watching tours, fishing excursions, bay cruises, and theatre.
Return to the Asilomar State Beach & Conference Grounds- Not ready to call it a day yet? You can request board games from the front desk, shoot pool or just surf the Internet using our free WIFI service in the Social Hall.